RFC-XXX and X.400 mappings..

1991-04-27 18:02:07
(Sorry for the lack of attribution, I discarded the original, and only
then realized what I wanted to say...)

Yes, as somebody noted, there should be a seperate X.400<->RFC822++
mapping RFC.  However, as we work on 822++, we should at least make sure
that we don't make it intentionally difficult for the gateway people.

X.400 is *not* going to go away.  As long as we're re-writing the 822
beast ANYHOW, we should at least make it more hospitable to gateway
writers..

As an aside - can any of the people "in the know" comment on what the
X.400 (92) intercept is looking like?  Are there going to be big
surprises for us all?  Or is it basically the 88 level with a few minor
polishings?  It would be good to know what the other camp is doing as we
plot....

                                  Valdis Kletnieks
                                  Computer Systems Engineer
                                  Virginia Polytechnic Institute