Re: remove X.400 types

1991-04-28 15:26:47

Unfortunately, we cannot get a reading on this from Steve Kille until
May 20th, sicne he is off now on his Honeymoon (without a computer)
till then.

Say it's not so. I have a question that he is the most likely to be able to
answer. Perhaps someone else can:

It will be desirable for mail UAs to be able to find out what optional
bodyparts are supported by the recipients UA [so your UA can at least make
helpful comments like: "Recipient doesn't support Scribe, suggest you send
postscript."]

The obvious place to keep such information is in the X.500 directory.
I know there is a project to evaluate X.500 in the Internet. How is
that going? Will my suggested application [given user(_at_)dom(_dot_)ain type
address
return some special information about the user] work? Will the performance
be acceptable?

Bob Smart