Re: quoting non-ascii-7 chars in the header

1991-09-20 08:43:49
Excerpts from internet.ietf-822: 19-Sep-91 quoting non-ascii-7 chars i..
Robert Ullmann(_at_)relay(_dot_)pri (866)

Non-ASCII-7 chars in the header: there is already a simple
solution, and it is in 822.

I'm afraid I honestly don't understand your suggestion, nor can I find
anything like it in RFC 822.  In particular, the way I read your
proposal, I don't see how to tell the difference between a real " and a
" with the 8th bit on, but I'm almost certain I don't understand what
you're proposing.