Re: Let us finish RFC-XXXX NOW! (Re: non-ascii headers)

1991-09-25 09:06:29
Nathaniel writes:

I would point out, to all readers of this list, that the June draft of
RFC-XXXX specified September 23 as the final date for comments before
the next draft.  That was yesterday, so this seems like a good time to
try to pull it all together.  I'll be working with Ned to produce a new
draft very soon.  My guess is that there will still be one or two things
that are controversial, but that non-ascii headers will be simply
deferred to a future RFC.

Thanks to everyone who has been taking the time to think and argue about
these issues for the last few months.  For now, why not take a breather
and await the next draft?  -- Nathaniel

Is it premature to ask for a position list on some of the controversial
items?  Such as:

        Encoding of Content-types Message and Multi-part - I assume they
                are now banned?

        Content-KHFO - last word I heard was Ned's claiming it is unnecessary.

        Multiple types in the "type" field of Content-type - maybe only
                Bill and I are interested?

        Will sub-types appear under more than one Content-type?

Since the debate is over :-), or at least taking a breather, I'd like to
know the present score on these issues if possible.  (Since the debate
regarding 8-bit headers is obviously far from over, I also believe this
should wait for a future RFC.)

Thanks.

Jim