Encoded-Variable scheme

1991-10-19 01:07:29
I'm not sure, but I think Erik's proposal is virtually identical to the
Encoded-Variable scheme, with a few minor differences.  -- Nathaniel

I agree that your method and mine are very similar in spirit, but I
feel that my syntax and examples are more esthetically pleasing.

Here's your example:

        From: $Keld_JXrn_Simonsen <keld(_at_)dkuug(_dot_)dk>
        Encoded-Variable: Keld_JXrn_Simonsen = quoted-printable, iso646,
                Keld_J&0Crn_Simonsen

And here's mine:

        Header-Encoding: 1=text/iso2022=base64=gd0p4Jq0N2Yt09jU524c1p
        From: Yasushi Nakahara *1 <ynk(_at_)ome(_dot_)toshiba(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp>

My example also emphasizes the use of both the romanized Japanese name
and the Kanji.

Of course, you can always rewrite your example to be as beautiful as
mine. So, our methods are really just the same. (Which means that I
endorse your proposal, but I would like some re-wording! :-)

Regards,
EvdP