Status of MH XXXX implementation

1991-10-22 09:47:24
Considering the private messages I have received, I guess I should have
been a tad bit more clear.

Right now, I already have ~6 alpha sites who have been sent multi-media
MH.  This list of participants is closed.

Assuming that this document reaches closure at the Santa Fe IETF.  I
will put out an unlimited beta of the software a few days after
Nathaniel posts the final pre-RFC version.  I will announce this to the
ietf-rfc82 list.

Assuming that the IAB issues an RFC in this regard, I will send the
software to the MH people and make it available for anonymous FTP.

The software, in all its forms, is openly available.  However, I do not
have the time to deal with a lot of alpha sites right now.

OK,

/mtr

ps: And, yes, the primary motivation for writing this was to provide at
least one openly available implementation for UNIX.  I encourage vendors
of DOS, Mac, VMS, etc., networking software to go out and write their
own now, so they can flood the market come early next year!!!

/mtr