another bad idea of mine

1991-10-23 13:54:18
Now that we have the character sets as parameters (and thus are available to
any other type that may need it), we no longer have subtypes for TEXT.

I propose that the default subtype for TEXT be PLAIN.  All other subtypes will
be the subtypes of TEXT-PLUS, and the TEXT-PLUS type abolished.  Syntactical
sugar, yes, but it's one less type to worry about and it consolidates things
in a nicer way.  There are too many cases where I have to check for TEXT or
TEXT-PLUS which would be simplified by a single TEXT check.