Re: checksums

1991-11-01 11:07:17

Date: Thu, 31 Oct 91 21:44:35 -0500
From: James M Galvin <galvin(_at_)tis(_dot_)com>

I think it would be good to make the checksum calculation optional with
respect to all the transfer-encodings (and all those defined in the future).
It would probably make sense to make it a parameter of the encodings header
(note it would really be two parameters: the algorithm and the value), but
it could just as easily be in its own header.

I support this idea.  And while my personal opinion is that the checksum
parameters be put into their own header, I can live with either proposal.

        Neil