Metamail release

1991-11-01 12:48:42
I thought the readers of this mailing list might want to know that
Bellcore has now officially agreed to place the "metamail" software,
discussed several times on this mailing list, in the public domain.
This software extends LOTS of UNIX mail readers (including UCB Mail, MH,
Elm, Emacs rmail, Andrew, and others) to be RFC-XXXX compliant.

Because the draft is so nearly complete, and because I'm going to be
travelling a lot in November, I'm not going to officially or widely
release metamail right now, but will probably do so in December.
However, I've discussed it so often with people on this list that I
thought you'd want to know that it was definitely going to be available
soon.  -- Nathaniel