Re: Trivial checksums for BASE-64

1991-11-14 07:17:38
Excerpts from mail: 13-Nov-91 Re: Re: Trivial checksums f.. David
Herron(_at_)TWG(_dot_)COM (980)

You didn't say, however, *where* you'd like to put the checksum for BASE64.
There is talk of putting them into the header for that body part, rather than
down in the BASE64 data.

No, I didn't.  Again, it isn't a showstopper for me, but like you I'd
rather put it at the end of the base64 data, largely because it's no
harder to do so for any implementations that I can think of, and much
easier for pipe-oriented implementations (of which mine is one).  -- NB