Re: Minutes of the 822 meeting in Santa Fe.

1991-11-27 18:04:52
1)  I thought that `text' and `text-plus' were to be combined?

2)  I feel very strongly that richtext should not be further expanded to
have `internal-reference' tokens, or in fact to have any mechanisms
which do not map directly to text.  This kind of proposal indicates to
me that people are not really serious about trying to make XXXX an
actual standard.  If we need to play these kinds of games, let's define
a new hypertext formatting language in a new and different document.

3)  Excerpts from ext.ietf-822: 27-Nov-91 Minutes of the 822 meeting ..
Greg Vaudreuil(_at_)nri(_dot_)resto (12638)

  1) PostScript

 Adobe has defined Postscript in such a way that it does not require
 profiling information.  A security considerations section was written
 by Ned Freed, essentially pointing out the nature of the risk
 associated with file operations, and recommending that they be
 disabled.  Machintosh postscript files, which normally require a
 laserprep header to be printable, must be sent with the laserprep
 headers to avoid the need to externally label the files as Machintosh
 files.

This is not restricted to the Macintosh.  FrameMaker and other document
preparation tools output Postscript files which contain includes of
other Postscript files.  Any included file must be included with the
including file.

Bill