Re: Comments on RFC-CHAR

1992-01-02 11:52:48
I also thought that distribution to the various sites was automatic.
That's why I didn't bother to check more than one... and the one I checked
didn't have it!

I'm fairly sure that a lot of people besides myself just sort of automatically
try nic.ddn.mil, and only if they cannot reach it (which happens a _lot_)
do they try alternates.

But it is certainly true that the sites listed in the posting do have
the document (at least the ones in the US do).

Whether or not this is a problem is a largely a judgement call for you
and not me.

                                Ned