Re: Use of Mnemonic in EUnet and NorduNet

1992-02-05 19:48:11
Randall Atkinson writes:
  On another note, I heard from someone in the Nordunet Engineering
Task Force (NETF) who indicated that Mnemonic was originally put in a
draft of their mail document mainly because Keld had claimed that
other organisations were in favor of using it and had committed to it.

I have watched Keld try to pull this trick for several months now. He
makes a proposal to several working groups at once, and to several of
them he says that one or more of the other groups have already more or
less committed to his proposal. I subscribe to many mailing lists and
read several Usenet newsgroups, so I know that this is happening.

I did not try to correct the situation in every case, only in some
cases, especially the ones I am most interested in. For example: