Re: Richtext

1992-02-07 08:41:10
Excerpts from internet.ietf-822: 6-Feb-92 Re: Richtext Dave Crocker(_at_)mordor(_dot_)stan (1243)

There is at least one implementation (more?)

For the record, here's what I know of so far, and their authors:

A. Richtext readers:

1. The simple "richtext-to-text" program in the RFC. (nsb)
2. The terminal-oriented richtext displayer in the metamail distribution. (nsb)
3. The richtext-to-Andrew parser in the latest Andrew disitrbution (nsb)
4. A richtext-to-groff translator (Keith Moore)
5. There are at least two other people working on richtext displayers for other environments, I believe, but I'm not sure I can cite them.

B. Richtext generators:

1. The modified Andrew-MIME, which is what I mostly use (nsb)
2. Some plaintext-to-richtext generation software (Rhys Weatherley)
3. A forthcoming terminal-oriented richtext generating program (nsb)

Now, my name appears a lot on the above list, but it isn't the only name, and the things I cite as separate implementations really are separate implementations....