Re: mime formats and versions in format specifications

1992-03-28 06:09:51
Thanks for the explanation of TIFF -- it made things a bit clearer for me.

I agree that a TIFF type would be useful, but certainly can be added at a
later point. Note, however, that the NETFAX working group has defined a
TIFF subset for their own uses, and as such any TIFF labelling needs to
be reconciled with the NETFAX usage. Actually, the issues may be irreconcilable
but they need to be looked at.

But my original point stands. TIFF is not mentioned in MIME at present.
As such, any efforts involving a clarification of TIFF do not apply to
the base document, and as such do not relate to the original thrust of
this thread. If we want to start in on TIFF standardization that's cool, but
let's say that's what we're doing.

                                Ned