Re: MIME and Postcript - a user perspective

1992-05-04 16:35:53
Steve - nothing prevents you from slapping a postscript file into a
message, adding these two headers

and just sending it as is.  However, when you run into a mailer that
truncates/wraps long lines, or generally abuses the message body, keep
in mind that this is the risk you run.

If you use my software (multi-media MH), and you ask it to send
postscript, it will use quoted-printable because this adds quite a
degree of safeness.  Of course, you can instead add the two headers
above.

In a sense you are asking for a one-sided protocol: oh, I want it to
work when I send it to people who know what I'm doing, and I also want
it to work when I send it to people who don't know what I'm doing.
This is an inconsistent set of requirements.

/mtr