MIME Clarifications wanted

1992-07-15 02:20:00
With reference to rfc.341.ps, headed June 1992:

----1-----

p4.

FORMATTING NOTE: .... in a smaller, italicized, font, and indents it as well

I perceived no such treatment in the document. (picky and petty, but still needs
fixing)

----2-----

p22.  (last para)

Each positive formatting command affects all.... Thus a proper way to describe
text > in bold italics is:

[... but not]

The following is properly nested, but is it proper useage? if not, why?

----3-----

Also, to a Mac or Next (et al) implementation the following might make sense:

Comments?

---------

Apologies if any of these have been covered in the digests, I just spent 15
hours slogging thru the MR digest, and saw no mention of them.  WB nice if the
digests adhered to the MIME digest format (ie, had a parseable seperator),
Mailstrom is moveing towards MIME, and we may be able to support digest
creation/viewing in the not too distant future.

--

Dana S Emery <de19(_at_)umail(_dot_)umd(_dot_)edu>