Re: MIME Clarifications wanted

1992-08-20 05:35:31

        Dana> document description.  Personally I would have nominated
        Dana> the Microsoft developed RichTextFormat, which at least
        Dana> has been implemented in the Mac environment (MS Word
        Dana> v3+, MacWrite 2), and maybe even on the PC, but that was

I wish RTF was part of the MIME standard, too. I understand the
motivation for richtext -- to allow users of primitive mail systems to
get some format information -- but on this point I do not see why a
robust SGML application was not created.

RTF is available on Macs, NeXT, and PCs, and now under X in the form
of Dan Connolly's XcRichText widget.

-Rens