Re: MIME Clarifications wanted

1992-08-20 05:48:28
Erik,

Of course I read it.  The fact that I completely forgot that it mentioned
double underlining does not imply otherwise.  Anyone who knows me will testify
to my incredible ability to forget things, from my childrens' names through
important technical information.  Right now, I'm in the middle of a summer
spent a thousand miles from the office, without access to any MIME archives,
and I brought a copy of the standard itself, but nothing else, for reference.
The fact that I forgot doesn't mean I didn't read it, and in fact your
long messages on the subject are prominent in my archive of "things that
must be fixed for the next draft", which is of course still in New Jersey.
For proper context about my powers of memory, I have several people who
can testify that yesterday I got lost while leading people around the block.
So while I plead guilty to extreme forgetfulness, please don't assume your
words have been neglected.  I also have an itemized list of "things that
need to be fixed in the richtext definition", about 75% of which come from
you.  Naturally I don't, at the moment, remember what's on it, but it is
waiting for me in New Jersey.

Having said all that, I must confess that I doubt that double-underlining
entered very highly into my consciousness even when I read that document,
because it struck me as an incredibly unimportant issue.  Obviously I was
wrong on that score, but I still have a hard time getting worked up about
it.  By all means, though, lets get it right in the next draft.  -- NB