Re: MIME in pine3.05

1992-12-11 08:57:19
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 92 16:54:32 +0200
From: Pekka Kytolaakso <netmgr(_at_)tellus(_dot_)csc(_dot_)fi>
Subject: Re: MIME in pine3.05
To: IETF-822(_at_)dimacs(_dot_)rutgers(_dot_)edu

Is there a need to say in the mime-rfc something about the
(or if I read the rfc right: no) order of the headers defined
in 1341. Maybe this is something that needs to be said
in  FYI: 'Implementing MIME' (or whatever B-).

We don't really have the luxury of specifying which order headers
should be in; there are too many things that rearrange the order
of message headers already.  A MIME mail reader (or for that matter,
any 822-based mail reader) needs to be able to deal with headers
in any order.

Keith