Re: MIME to Draft Standard

1993-01-21 19:43:10
Excerpts from internet.ietf-822: 20-Jan-93 Re: MIME to Draft Standard
Erik Naggum(_at_)naggum(_dot_)no (5174)

However, since that time, I have continued to receive messages only to
the effect that richtext will be subject to review "later".  As far as I
can remember, the first time that was supposed to take place was in
November 1992, but nothing happened.  I regret to point out that I have
reason to remain skeptical: The "past" isn't over until this pattern
changes.

In general, now that I'm finally back on the net, I'm happy to see that
Ned has been saying more or less everything I would have said had I been
on-line.  However, I have to comment on this particular aspect of what
you said, Erik, because you're absolutely right:  I consider myself to
be at least three months behind schedule as far as richtext revisions
are concerned.  Please don't take this as a personal affront; I'm simply
swamped, that's all.

I'd list all the things that have got me swamped, but there's not much
point.  Most recently, I thought I was finally about to get back to work
on richtext, and my house burned down.  Seriously -- well, only one room
was totally destroyed, but every single thing I own was covered with
soot.  That's why I've been off the net -- there's a lot of cleanup!
I'm fine, and my family is fine.  I was out of town when it happened,
but my wife and kids came within a few minutes of losing their lives.
Needless to say, I've been set back considerably work-wise.  This is the
first time I've logged in all week, and I'll be lucky if I get caught up
with my email any time in January, much less get involved in the heavy
intellectual lifting of a new richtext document.

So, please just try to bear in mind that not everything is personal.  I
have a huge file of input for the richtext revisions, and probably a
third of it comes from you, Erik.  I really do appreciate all the input,
though I can understand how the lack of corresponding output can make
that hard to believe.  If you want, think of me as incompetent,
overcommitted, and unable to manage my time properly.  But please don't
take my inadequacies as somehow manifesting a personal hostility to you
or your ideas, because that's just not the case.  -- Nathaniel