Re: Text/Enhanced straw man

1993-02-16 15:03:27
I imagine that GNU Emacs mail mode, for instance, would by default
attach MIME headers to send a message as ``text/simplemail'', rather
than the user having to say so explicitly.  A standard mode toggle
(Control-C something) would allow the user to toggle to ``text/plain''

 Please do not mark a message as being more complicated than it is (ie
 as simplemail when it really is plain). I think we should follow the
 spirit of the RFC here. In the discussion about charsets rfc1341
 mentions that the "lowest common denominator" should be used, I feel
 that the same rule should apply here. That is so that my MUA can display
 the message with my fast and efficent pager (more or less:-) instead
 of the slow simpletext viewer which hasn't nearly as many features.

        /MaF

--
Martin Forssen: maf(_at_)dtek(_dot_)chalmers(_dot_)se or
maf(_at_)math(_dot_)chalmers(_dot_)se