Re: 10646, and all that

1993-03-04 21:20:43
Just a little while ago, I wrote...

Instead, how about a language= parameter to the Content-type header
for text/*?  I prefer a parameter because metamail-like systems will
pass such parameters to programs that interpret contents.  Also,
language= is really only applicable to text, and I would like to get

How silly of me.  Of course a language parameter could also be used
with other content-types, such as audio.

[...]

I also gather that the UCS system is more comprehensive.

Should be "the UDC system" -- (Universal Decimal Classification).

Keith