Re: 10646, and all that

1993-03-04 21:41:41
  And I think we should accept the fact that
  sender-specified rendering of multilanguage text or text
  in which either font presentation or page layout are
  important to understanding is going to require medium
  (e.g., richtext)- to- heavyweight (e.g., SGML) markup or
  page description languages to transmit reliably and are
  hence, not part of the text/plain story.

I agree except for the multilanguage qualification.  If Text/plain is going to
allow Charset=10646, then (as a user) I would expect complete polylingual
transmision to be completly transmisible, and in that lies the rub (for me as an
implementor).

  Anyone for Content-Language: ?

It could help my heuristic proposal, but the natural interpretation would be
mono-lingual.

--
dana s emery <de19(_at_)umail(_dot_)umd(_dot_)edu>