Re: 10646, and all that

1993-03-16 06:06:32
In other words, the differences are still graphic.

Text is graphic. Text is visual media.

If you display 'D' with graphical shape of greek capital alphabet
of delta, it is incorrect, isn't it?

Strange. Why can't you cite some text, then?

I'm sorry; I had no text to cite.  I have only a copy of Unicode,
from which I have cited before and which is irrelevant to exactly
what ISO-10646 says.  My "assurance" was in the form of mail
(from Glenn Adams) on a different list, which it would have been
improper to re-post without permission.  I now have Glenn's
permission, and will send a copy of his mail to anyone who is
interested, although it probably won't say much to anyone whose
mind is already made up on the issue.

Hmmm, you believers of the cult of Unicode follow the blessed words
of High Priest Glenn.

OK, I give you some. As Glenn preached, higher level protocol should
be used for essential distinguishing, Unicode won't be defiled by
doing so. So, accept the fact that some Asian langauges need language
profiling of ISO 10646.