Your comments on RFC1154bis

1993-03-18 19:39:55
Hello David,

I must point out to members of this list that I am _NOT_ a member, nor do I
monitor this list currently.  Therefore, please carbon me if you would like a
response.

Thanks...

Now,  I can see that you have missed the entire point of the Encoding header
David.  It is NOT just armour coating.  The keyword may or may not interact
with a the embedded encoding.  There is no ARMOUR in this concept, the idea
is to define a body part as FS encoded for example.  The encoder now knows
what the part is encoded as and the complex portion IS defined in the part
itself.  In this way, a single keyword defines a complex part but the actual
complete definition is in the part itself.

You cannot compare MIME to Encoding in examples, its like apples and oranges.

I am able to see from your comments that I must add more examples to the
documentation.

PS: Once this RFC is published, you may use it to reference LZJU90 encoding and
    FS encoding if you wish for MIME, as always I will do what I am able to
    respond to queries.

Regards,

-al