Re: Your comments on RFC1154bis

1993-03-19 08:21:58
I want to strongly second what Dave Crocker said.  In particular, even
if we never convince each other in the MIME vs 1154 debate, there's no
reason we can't use the same compression algorithm.  The problem of
compression in MIME has not been neglected -- it has been bounced around
a long time without satisfactory solution.  A separate-from-1154bis
document clearly specifying a good compression standard would probably
be a boon not only to MIME, but to lots of other future Internet
protocols.  -- Nathaniel