Re: New type suggested: Multipart/Related

1993-05-20 09:31:07
  >>- A way to tell the recipient MIME reader which is the
  "main" body part
  >>  (and therefore, by extension, that all the others
  are "attachments").

  I suggest that the "main" body part should simply be the
  first one.  This makes life far easier for users without
  MIME UA's and make my life a lot easier in my
  MIME-mostly-aware MUA.

If we are to support Main/attachment structure, then its seems obvious that
tagging a part as "main" is a usefully minimal strategy.

To allow UA's the flexibility to have an arbitrary ordering of body parts seems
desirable, but Steve Dorner says it is an awkward luxery.

Both views have obvious merit, so I say we need some counter examples of how
that flexibility would be usefull.
--
dana s emery <de19(_at_)umail(_dot_)umd(_dot_)edu>