[no subject]

1993-06-09 13:22:40

    ---- Included message:

    I don't think we need another parameter.  Even if we eventually have two or
    three of them, the number of compression algorithms used in MIME is best
    kept small.  If we keep the number small, we may as well define additional
    content-transfer-encodings to handle them.

I concur.

The sub-types name should be indicative of the specific compression
algorithm.  If a second gets standardized, then we should specify
an additional set of subtypes (one each for binary, 8-bit, etc.) with
the name indicating this specific, new algorithm.

d/