Re: Massive Content-Type definition ideas & Gopher

1993-06-10 07:08:57
Steve Dorner writes

I think this misunderstanding/miscommunication (which I do not know) points
up the fact that it is very strange to mix these two distinct operations in
a single token.

But if I'm the only one who feels this is an ill-advised way to go, I'll
shut up.

Please don't, Steve!
  I can't speak with the authority of an implementer, but I'm convinced
that we can't forsee the varieties of compression that will prove useful
and how they'll be used among the various types of MIME content-types.  I'm
particularly unconvinced only that a single compression algorithm will be
needed for MIME use.

Jim