Re: Idle curiosity -- Time to implement MIME

1993-09-10 05:51:25
How much effort (man months?) did it take to implement a MIME parser?

When implementing MIME in Slate, I wrote filters from MIME into Slate's
native compound document format (including richtext) and added the
ability to write a Slate document out as a MIME multipart message.
Also hooked these capabilities up to the user-interface and to the
mail-incorporation interface.  This took a total of about 3 weeks.
I used Nathaniel's code for QP and Base64 encoding/decoding.

Terry