Re: A spec for showing language in MIME headers

1993-11-12 14:56:37
At  3:48 PM 11/12/93 -0500, Dana S Emery wrote:
Where the computer can be made to behave more naturally
(ie, use an aussie accent for down-under tagged mail) it
is clearly good human interface for it to do so.

It's clearly UP TO THE RECIPIENT whether it should do so or not.  I might
find the aussie accent difficult to understand.

It's exactly analgous to choice of type face or size; both the sender's and
the recipient's preferences interact in some way we cannot hope to specify.

It's good to be able to indicate what the sender intends, and it's good to
allow the receiver to be able to override it.

--
Steve Dorner, Qualcomm Inc.
    Sometimes it's easier to let your cockatoo eat your shoes