Re: Suggest promoting Content-Language to Proposed Standard

1994-05-13 00:38:51
Nathaniel,

I can't find Keith's comments where he is "uncomfortable" with the
Difference parameter.

Private mail, or did I miss it?

On restricting to Content-* headers:
I don't like adding text to restrict things in more-or-less (to me)
meaningless fashions; if someone comes up with a scheme in which
multipart/alternative; difference=security-classifcation makes sense,
why should I stop them, or try to force the header
"content-security-classification" down their throats?

(I feel that the whole business of special treatment of the Content-*
headers is a nuisance and nothing but a nuisance anyway, but that is
another area entirely)

                Harald A