Re: Initial comments on draft-ietf-822ext-mime-imb-00

1994-06-28 19:53:32
At 8:03 AM 6/27/94, Nathaniel Borenstein wrote:
It is interesting, however, to put these two threads together.  Since
everything after the = signs is ignored, we could conceivably define a
backwards-compatible extension to base64 in which there *was* a checksum
at the end, where older decoders will just ignore it.....

Yum!  That would be very nice for one-pass senders like me.

Am I forced to use base64 for MD5 even with a fully-8-bit-transparent
reliable transport?

                                                        Masataka Ohta