Re: Initial comments on draft-ietf-822ext-mime-imb-00

1994-06-25 19:06:11
Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb(_at_)nsb(_dot_)fv(_dot_)com> writes:
I think a lot of this prose is historical, dating back to when there
were default subtypes in MIME.  What I meant, however, by "primary
subtype" was "the type that might serve as a model for the treatement of
unrecognized subtypes".

I think the term "primary subtype" implies "default subtype" and
should be removed as misleading.

--
_.John G. Myers         Internet: jgm+(_at_)CMU(_dot_)EDU
                        LoseNet:  ...!seismo!ihnp4!wiscvm.wisc.edu!give!up