Re: NULL

1994-10-20 07:59:38
OK.  So, over in the big-internet list, you justified your public rudeness
to me based on my own supposed rudeness to Robert Elz.

I think I said you had justified rudeness in IETF in general at
Houston. Anyway...

Please explain your above outburst, in the face of entirely reasonable tone
and content from the contributor.  In particular, please explain how such
behavior is conducive to contructive progress on this list.

I already did.

:Do you think the character 'A' may be dropped, because you can't read
:it to explicitely state that dropping code for 'A' (65) is forbidden?
:
:It is explicitely stated that 0-255 is allowed, which is more than
:enough for users to use them and expect them preserved.

Unless you think that 8bit may drop 'A' just because RFC 1521 does not
explicitly state it be preserved, I'd like to say that their meta
discussion on how standards be written is the obstacle to the
constructive progress.

                                                        Masataka Ohta

PS

BTW, why several people are so eager for this incompatible change of the
specification? What is the merit of the change?