Mailback service for MIME messages

1994-12-08 14:45:12
As I told you all on the IETF wg meeting this morning I have a
mailback service running at the address "mimeback(_at_)bunyip(_dot_)com". You
request files by naming a specific test on the Subject:-line. A
special one is the word HELP, which sends you the current description
of the server.

The descriptions of all tests can be found at the url
http://www.nada.kth.se/~paf/MIME-test.html

Note two things:
  - The text at the URL includes more tests than is abailable
    at the server.
  - All tests returns as body a description of the test (from the
    test-specification) but in some cases (when Base-64:ing the text)
    linebreaks might have been wrong or at least not what you are
    expecting. Please do only use each test as a test for that specific
    test and nothing else.

If you want "harder" tests (for example on the RFC-1522 stuff) or
more content-types, just send me the messages in a "transparent" way,
for example embedded in a MIME message or whatsoever so that MY MIME
client _doesnt_ recognize it as a MIME message. I want headers and
everything!

I hope I can help you all with this server, rewrite the description
etc etc so it suits the needs on the Net which Eric described earlier
today.

   Regards, Patrik

P.S. The current HELP-text follows

NOTE: Neither I, nor Bunyip Information Systems Inc, take any
      responsibility for damages on your computer, your software
      or loss of work when reading these messages.

      All messages are tested on several architectures, and on several
      MIME-clients before they are put on the server.

      You should though SAVE your work and quit all other applications
      before reading a MIME-test message. A message might start an
      external viewer which crashes your computer, so even if your Mail
      Reader is stable, crashes might happen!

  Stockholm, nov 14, 1994

   With this mailback service you can order a MIME message according
   to the specification written for the Interoperaability tests in
   Stockholm, spring 1994. Write the name of the test you want on
   the Subject line of the message.

   The specification can be found at
   http://www.nada.kth.se/~paf/MIME-tester.html

   You can order the following tests:

       Basic MIME functionality
       ========================

          M1
          M2       (*)
          M3-1
          M3-2
          M4.1.1
          M4.1.2
          M4.1.3
          M4.1.4
          M4.2.1
          M4.3.1
          M4.3.2
          M4.3.3
          M4.4.1   (*)
          M5

       Extra functionality needed in Sweden
       ====================================
          S1
          S2

       Test on character set SEN_850200_B
          E2

Notes:
(*) In these cases you will get a Base64 encoded TEXT file. The
    text is intended for UNIX, so if you run this on a PC
    for example, you will think you have missed a LF, which
    you haven't.

           With regards, Patrik Faltstrom
                         <paf(_at_)bunyip(_dot_)com>