Re: Content-Disposition changes

1995-02-02 16:22:55
At 4:01 PM 2/2/95, Ned Freed wrote:
Will it really work to have quoted-strings that wrap from one line to
another?

We use this all the time in the messages we send. Thus far we've encountered
only one MIME gateway that cannot deal with it.

But does The Right Thing happen so far as the value of the parameter is
concerned?  I mean, you're only going to see problems if the gateway

a) treats it as a syntax error or

b) corrupts it beyond repair, and then passes it to something that actually
cares what its value is.

There could be a lot of b) going around without you knowing about it.

--
Steve Dorner, Qualcomm Incorporated.  "Oog make mission statement."