Re: MIME boundary question

1995-02-09 15:20:48
On Thu, 9 Feb 1995, Ned Freed wrote:

NOTE TO IMPLEMENTORS:  Boundary string comparisons must take into account the
full contents of the candidate line containing a possible boundary string.
Specifically, the entire string following the CRLF and two dashes up to either
the final two dashes or the final CRLF must be compared with the boundary
parameter. An exact match is required; a substring match is not sufficient.

Exactly.  I also add an extra hack: "skip white space after the boundary
marker up to the CRLF".  That's mainly a robustness hack to deal with
transports that pad lines with spaces.  Not that I've come across such
transports myself, but I'm paranoid. :-)

Cheers,

Rhys.