Re: MIME boundary question recap

1995-02-13 10:41:57
I believe Dave's got it right.  It's not necessary to restrict the
boundary string (by this I mean the value of the boundary parameter)
from occurring within the body part.  The only needed restriction is
that the boundary delimiter (including the trailing <CRLF>) not
occur.

However, since prohibiting substrings of the delimiter allows some
optimization, and since it's a pretty easy fix, making this explicit
seems like a good idea.

Jim