Re: MIME boundary question recap

1995-02-10 12:27:58
At 9:05 AM 2/10/95, John Gardiner Myers wrote:
Both metamail and mpack do prefix matches when looking for delimiter
strings.  Allowing a boundary string to be a leading substring of
another is going to break a not insignificant amount of deployed code.

Of course, there are no copies of Eudora deployed that will be broken by
making the change you propose.  I understand that you don't think it's a
change, but it is clearly a change to the text of 1342/1521, though perhaps
the grammar does not adequately match the text.

But like I said, I'll put out a beta this weekend that does boundaries
differently.

--
Steve Dorner, Qualcomm Incorporated.  "Oog make mission statement."