Re: MIME boundary question

1995-02-16 15:10:20
At 12:49 PM 2/14/95, John Gardiner Myers wrote:

As I've mentioned before, allowing boundaries to be substrings of
boundaries of enclosing multiparts breaks a fair amount of deployed
code that was correct per 1341.

John, the only implementation that I know about that can't handle
boundaries containing substrings of other boundaries is the one from
Frontier.  What others can't handle this?

The bnf in 1341 doesn't prohibit a boundary token from being a superset of
a second boundary contained by the first one.  It requires it to be
different, but a superset satisfies that requirement.

john noerenberg
jwn2(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com
noerenberg.j (Applelink)
  Don't it always seem to go,
  That you don't know what you got til it's gone
  Joni Mitchell, "Big Yellow Taxi", 1969