Re: MIME boundary question

1995-02-10 15:52:29
At 12:31 PM 2/10/95, John Gardiner Myers wrote:
1341 prohibited boundaries from being substrings of enclosing
boundaries.

Oops.  Mea culpa.  Right you are.

The prohibition was inadvertantly removed in 1521

Nope, truth to tell, it's still there in the 1521 BNF.  But NOT in the text
that discusses boundaries, or multiparts, which all lean the other way;
ONLY in the comments in the BNF.

I should have read the BNF comments more closely.

On the other hand, nobody (not even John) has yet quoted to me the relevant
bits of 1521, so it seems that I may not be the only person to have missed
it.  If the restriction stays, I think it should be more prominent.

--
Steve Dorner, Qualcomm Incorporated.  "Oog make mission statement."