I-D Available on update to text/enriched

1995-11-24 16:19:25
This is to announce a new Internet Draft which is an update to the MIME
text/enriched type. It is available at:

<ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-resnick-text-enriched-00.txt>

There is also an HTML version of the doc at:

<http://www.qualcomm.com/People/presnick/textenriched.html>

The abstract is below. Though this has been sent to the html-wg, mailext
and ietf822 mailing lists, please make sure to direct all follow-up
discussion to the "ietf-822(_at_)list(_dot_)cren(_dot_)net" mailing list or to
the authors
directly.

Please note that this is simply an update to the existing text/enriched
RFC. Our intention is only to make text/enriched liveable until other
styled-text standards (notably HTML) come up to speed on the e-mail side of
the Internet. Also note that the text/enriched documents (both the current
RFC 1563 and the this draft) are only Informational RFCs, not standards
track documents. Please make your comments in this light.

Abstract:

  "The text/enriched MIME Content-type", P. Resnick, A. Walker, 11/22/1995,
  <draft-resnick-text-enriched-00.txt>

    MIME [RFC-1521] defines a format and general framework for the
    representation of a wide variety of data types in Internet mail. This
    document defines one particular type of MIME data, the text/enriched
    MIME type. The text/enriched MIME type is intended to facilitate the
    wider interoperation of simple enriched text across a wide variety of
    hardware and software platforms. This document is only a minor revision
    to the text/enriched MIME type that was first described in [RFC-1523]
    and [RFC-1563], and is only intended to be used in the short term until
    other MIME types for text formatting in Internet mail are developed and
    deployed.

pr

--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated