Re: Content-Disposition

1995-12-02 17:58:55
I notice that RFC-1806, which describes Content-Disposition, is at
Experimental Protocol status.  Is there any movement afoot to upgrade it to
standards-track?  I'd like to incorporate the capability into IMAP, but since
IMAP is standards-track I don't know if I can do so.

Sort of. There's a movement afoot to figure out how to do encoded parameters
generically. Once this is done it will solve the primary open issue in RFC
1806, and should clear the way for insertion onto the standards track.

Yours isn't the only effort underway that has dependencies on this work, BTW --
the update to the MacMIME specification is tied in with this and so is the
MIXER work.

                                Ned