Re: Email Subaddressing

1997-07-31 10:07:39
Gee, is mail forwarding part of the MTA or the ``mail delivery agent''?
I'm sorry that I'm not up on the distinction; perhaps it comes from
being X.500-free for so long.  Think of the consideration about copying
+subaddr stuff as part of the mail forwarding process, whether that's
part of the mail delivery agent or the MTA; the consideration still
applies.

In fact, it applies to the general notion of ``mail forwarding,''
whether that is done at MTA, delivery-agent, or MUA time.

                Thanks,
                Craig