Re: Email Subaddressing

1997-08-01 12:46:19
In fact, you were recently
suggesting that a Wide-Reply-To header be standardized

Absolutely not.

I have suggested that the IETF _define_ useful ``reply'' concepts.

I have repeatedly emphasized that the relation between those ``reply''
concepts and the user interface is none of the IETF's business.

I have also pointed out several times that ``Wide-Reply-To'', being new
functionality, is not ready for standardization.

almost every application protocol has a profound
impact on the way a user interface works.

Most protocols have at most a superficial effect on user interfaces. The
occasional protocols designed for human use as well as computer use,
such as RFC 822, are interoperability disasters, certainly not something
to be imitated.

---Dan
Set up a new mailing list in a single command. http://pobox.com/~djb/ezmlm.html