Re: Email Subaddressing

1997-08-01 19:18:19
More importantly, that rule is inconsistent with reality. There are
a+b(_at_)host and a+c(_at_)host addresses that are _not_ the same entity.
The important point here is that a(_at_)host controls where mail to
a+b(_at_)host
and a+c(_at_)host is routed.

I explicitly said that I'm talking about reality, not your proposal.

In the real world, what you're saying is simply not true. For example,
there's no ``info-g'' user controlling the info-g++ mailing list.

If you want to document what people do at CMU, fine. But please give it
an honest label that reflects your limited experience: e.g., ``The AFS
Mail Addressing System.'' Don't pretend that it's a de facto standard.

---Dan
Set up a new mailing list in a single command. http://pobox.com/~djb/ezmlm.html