Re: This is text/paragraph - how does it look?

1998-03-09 02:35:47
(To: ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org(_dot_)org ?)

On Mar 8,  7:50pm, Laurence Lundblade wrote:
} Subject: This is text/paragraph - how does it look?
}
} Seems to me the real test of text/paragraph is whether or not MUAs will
} handle it correctly or at least reasonably. I certainly wouldn't want to
} generate if not. So I thought I'd post some and see what happens...

Z-Mail showed me its unknown-type icon and didn't display the text; but I
typed "attach -inline text/paragraph" in the Command: field and now I can
display and respond to text/paragraph exactly as if it were text/plain with
very long lines.  (I used the "Fill" operation in the composer to make the
paragraph above look pretty.)

However, I'm not sure what it'd do with text/paragraph that had been base64
encoded, or that was in some charset other than us-ascii or iso-8859-1.  (I
tried repackaging your message in quoted-printable and that worked OK.)

Of course, most Z-Mail users probably don't know that it's that easy to
produce the desired effect; and the last Z-Mail release was last July, so
maybe that's not a "recent MUA release" ... but, here's your data point.