Re: This is text/paragraph - how does it look?

1998-03-09 09:14:39
On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Laurence Lundblade wrote:

: In particular I'm worried about text/* defaulting rules. It used to be
: that text/* was good to display (modulo char set of course). But, I
: suspect text/html has changed all that.  I know early versions of Pine
: assumes text/* is good in multipart/alternative and now display the html
: instead of the plain text. If recent MUA releases (that don't display
: HTML) consider text/* hostile because of HTML, they won't display
: text/paragraph.

Here's your Pine response.  Pine 3.96 defaults to showing it inline (though
text/html is treated as an attachment that my .mailcap has a rule for:
"lynx -dump -force_html %s").  Of course, it doesn't wrap quotes like the
above by default, but fortunately the Pine wrap function (^J) works properly
on a quotation.

And what was that about Outlook Express not parsing it properly?  Might even
convince me to support text/paragraph as a standard just to break M$'s
already broken mailer even more.  ;)  (Does it _still_ respond to e-mail
using the Sender: field?)

--
-- Todd Vierling (Personal tv(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com; Bus.
todd_vierling(_at_)xn(_dot_)xerox(_dot_)com)